Do you ever need a no-fail cookie recipe to reach for?! Yeah, me too.
Back in May I found out I had some food sensitivities and allergies. Total bummer! There was a list of foods I had to avoid for a little while before re-introducing them! Of course, I too need a no-fail cookie recipe every now and then! That is when these cookies were created! I turned to cassava flour because I needed to avoid almonds.
Since re-introducing the foods I was sensitive and allergic to, I have made this recipe with things like almond butter vs sun butter, and dairy free chocolate chips vs raisins, and they are amazing both ways! So, use the recipe below to make raisin or chocolate chips cookies!
A little about cassava flour:
- It’s a type of gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, wheat flour alternative that’s made by grating and drying the fibrous cassava root (yuca).
- Totally free from refined carbohydrates and synthetic ingredients.
- It has a fine texture, neutral taste, white color and low fat content compared to almond flour or coconut flour. It’s also suitable for people with allergies who can’t consume nuts or coconut and is completely gluten- and grain-free.
OH! Almost forgot, the texture of these is insane. You won’t even know they are literally all the things free! Enjoy!Print
- 1 c cassava flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c sunbutter or any nut butter
- 1/3 c coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 1/4 c maple syrup or raw honey
- 2 tbsp nut milk of choice
- 1/3 c raisins or dairy free chocolate chips (fav chocolate chips: hu gems, evolved, or enjoy life)
- 1/4 tsp pink salt or celtic sea salt
- Combine everything until dough is formed. Roll into balls and flatten out a little. Cook on 350 for 20-22 minutes. Makes around 15 cookies.
You can successfully double this recipe!