Truth be told, I am quite complicated, we all are. We all have our own issues, problems, fears, stressors, anxieties, etc. I could go on and on. But, I’m here to tell you—the simpler you can make things that you CAN control, the better off you (plus everyone around you) will be.
We put so much pressure on ourselves every single day. So, let’s pump the breaks for a sec.
There is beauty in simplicity and calm is a superpower, I promise. Give yourself some margin, but still get after it.
You are doing just fine. If you can make one, yes, one simple change a day or even a month that will impact your health+wellbeing for the better, and that’s AWESOME. Don’t get down on yourself!
TEB once told me that his main goal as my husband each day was to simply love me. Let me tell you, I can be pretty damn unlovable sometimes, but can’t we all?! (Ugh, don’t you wish we could go back to those moments and shake ourselves?!)
One of your goals each day should simply be to love yourself+those that love you.
When you love yourself enough to make little, simple+mindful changes you will make a huge impact in your health over time! It’s like compound interest, it adds up.
We boggle our minds constantly with #allthethings like—
Am I eating the right foods?! Do I exercise enough? Why do I overthink everything? Do I drink enough water? Take the right supplements? Get enough sleep?
While, yes I believe all of those things to be important, and we will touch on them
another time, I also believe you can find simplicity in being the best version of you. (read: without overwhelm)
The important thing is you are mindful of those things to begin with. You can be the best version of yourself and still have your shit together. You can. I am a huge believer that wellness is an active process of becoming aware and making choices toward a healthy and fulfilling life as an actively pursued goal.
- Write it down. Whatever it is, get it out on paper and out of your head. Because it may not be something you can accomplish immediately. But if you have it out on paper, you can revisit it and work toward it!
- After you’ve dumped #allthethings on that paper, divide and conquer. Make some goals+visions. Share those with your friends+fam. They can hold you accountable, and most importantly help celebrate your successes.
- Ditch the excuses. In my opinion, if you’ve got an excuse for something, you don’t want it bad enough. It’s 2019, people. You can do/be/have/see anything and everything you wish.
- Progress is progress no matter how big or small your goal. Celebrate.
- Stay committed. You owe it to yourself. Remember, you can do hard things and that change takes courage.
- Stop obsessing. Make progress toward a better version of yourself, not a perfect one. #progressnotperfection
- Get rid of anyone who doesn’t lift you up. Surround yourself with people who encourage, not discourage. No one’s got time for bs and negativity. Have a high standard for your inner circle. #goodvibesonly
- Remember how you want to feel and take action from that, not from punishment or a quick fix.
We all have room for improvement toward living our best life! There is always work to be done, and room for continual growth. No one has it all figured out, I promise!
If this sounds like you and you have no idea where to start, you are in the perfect place. I’m here to help you nourish+move+radiate in ways that are good for YOU, because we are all different. Click here to book a free discovery call to help uncover whats holding you back from being the best version of you.